Monday, September 28, 2015

Halloween Fun is on the way!!



My favorite time of the year is drawing nigh!


Even though I’m in my thirties and my son is too old to take trick-or-treating, and I’m too busy with my multiple jobs to go out and party anymore, I’ve found new fun Halloween traditions.


The first is a wonderful Facebook group I discovered: Halloween Horror Club. Every night in October, we watch a horror movie and make snarky comments. It is sooo fun!


The way to do this is to join the group and at the time of the event, open 2 browser windows, queue up the movie with the link shared on the group, then leave the other window on the group page with the comments thread. I’ve made so many new friends and been introduced to so many new movies, so be on the lookout for another post on horror movie recommendations.


And my movie snark must have paid off, since I was invited to be part of a group called “The B-raters” where we actually live-broadcast our movie riffing on video in Google Hangouts. To join the fun follow The Weirding on Google + and get the link to the hang out and the youtube video. Again, I think you need 2 browser windows open for this as well, otherwise you'll just see us being dorks and the jokes won't make sense, since they're following the movie.


Tomorrow (Tuesday the 29th) we’re doing Blonde Savage, a 1947 Jungle-Adventure flick that is said to be terrible!


The caption already has me giggle-snorting



Finally, I am REALLY getting into pumpkin carving. Here’s two I’ve done over last year and the year before. I have no idea what I’m doing this year.







What are some of your favorite things to do for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment