Thursday, March 10, 2011

Romance Acronyms decoded.


Along my journey through the romance genre, I've come across a lot of acronyms. It seems every industry is peppered with them. Some I figured out on my own, others I had to ask. I thought it would be fun to list a few. Many are used in other fiction genres as well. Many you probably know, but hopefully I included a few new ones.

HEA: Happily Ever After

HFN: Happily for now

PNR: Paranormal Romance

UF: Urban Fantasy

YA: Young Adult

M/M Male and Male romance

F/F: Female and Female Romance

GLBT or LGBT: Gay, Lesbian, Bi, or Transexual

MS: Manuscript

POV: Point of view

h: heroine

H: Hero

(I hate and never use these because the capitalization seems to imply the heroine is inferior)

TSTL: Too Stupid to Live

TBM: The Big Misunderstanding

BDSM: Bondage, Dominance, Sadism, Masochism

Anyone have any more? I'd love to keep updating this list.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. There were a few I didn't know. Like TSTL- lol!

    ReplyDelete