Saturday, March 30, 2019

Secret Book REVEALED!

OMG, OMG, OMG, it is so hard to believe that I've been able to keep this quiet for almost a year.
All my life, I've loved horror movies and novels. I even wanted to WRITE horror, but just like my attempts at writing fantasy, my characters kept falling in love. So I resigned myself to writing romance, which didn't bother me at all because I've ADORED romance novels ever since I picked up my first one. Come to think of it, I think my romance novel addiction happened at the same time as my Stephen King addiction.
But all through my 19 books and counting career of writing romance, my love and enthusiasm for horror, ESPECIALLY the cheesy 80's movies, never waned. In fact, it grew.
Anyway, a year ago, my publisher said she wanted a new series from me. I was suffering burn-out from my regencies and rock stars (still love em, but after six of each, it was time for something different.)
"I STILL want to write horror!" I whined to Kent. "But everything I write turns into a romance!"
"Why can't you do both?" he asked.
At first, I opened my mouth to argue, then I shut it. Why couldn't I? 
In Nightmare on Elm Street 4, Alice's boyfriend lives. In Night of the Demons, the Final Girl AND a guy live. (In my head-canon, they fell in love after, lol)
And an idea came!
I emailed my publisher and agent and pitched a series of books themed on 80's B horror movies, only instead of there being a Final Girl, there'd be a Final Couple who'd get their HEA after defeating the killer/monster/demon/etc.
I expected them to reject the idea, but THEY LOVED IT and I SIGNED A FOUR BOOK CONTRACT! 
The series will be called "B Mine" after my beloved B movies, (as you can see from the logo above) and book one, HIS FINAL GIRL will release on April 25th!
Here's the cover!
This one is a summer camp slasher story that takes place in 1978 and pays homage to many beloved horror tropes. I had so much fun writing it that I was giggling while typing. There is lots of campy murder and mayhem AND a sexy romance between my computer nerd hero, Wes Carpenter and my farm girl heroine, Linnea Langenkamp. (Horror fans will giggle at those names).
This series is a dream come true and I hope you enjoy them.
OTHER NEWS:
I went on a reading binge, so I fell behind on getting the paperback for Melding Souls done. I'm going to try to have it released by Monday. 
SALES!
My Brides of Prophecy box set, which contains books 1-3 is on sale for $3.99 on
And Wynter's Bite, my 5th Regency paranormal romance, is on sale for $1.99 on
And Wrenching Fate, Brides of Prophecy book one: is FREE again!
Again, thank you so much for being one of my readers!
HUGS!
Brooklyn Ann
________________________
Series by Brooklyn Ann
Scandals With Bite
(Regency paranormal romance)
Books do not need to be read in order
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brides of Prophecy
(Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy) 
Also don't need to be read in order until book 5...kinda
Prequel: Tesemini (Free)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hearts of Metal
(Contemporary Romance)
Standalones that intertwine
-----------------------------------------------------------
For excerpts and special content, visit BrooklynAnnAuthor.com

I love hearing from readers! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment