Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Fun! ...And contest!!!!



This year I'd been afraid I wouldn't get to do much for Halloween. Between just starting a new job, still working on my career as an author, the expenses of a surprise vet bill and returning to my goal of restoring my first car, I didn't think I'd have enough time or money.

However, The Great Pumpkin must have smiled on me because I've been enjoying more of the Halloween season than I expected. I've had the chance to watch some spooky fun movies, Soylent Green, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Gremlins, and of course, Nightmare on Elm Street.

My roommate, son, friend, and I had a spectacular evening carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds.

Finally I dared to try advanced pumpkin carving.

My first is a Jack Nicholson O'Lantern!


Then today I paid homage to my favorite band, Megadeth, and carved their mascot, Vic Rattlehead.


And though I only had a 10 dollar budget, Goodwill had a 75% off sale on Halloween decorations! I got a nifty candy bowl, fake blood splatters and skulls for the windows, some glittery pumpkins, black roses, and spiderwebs. So our place will look festive.

It's my turn to have my son for this holiday and though he's getting to be "too old" he decided to humor me and go trick-or-treating with me. Then we're going to my neighbor's Halloween party.

And I have a black cat!

All in all, it looks like I'll have a splendid holiday.

So to celebrate, I decided I'd give away a free e-book copy of my historical paranormal romance, BITE ME, YOUR GRACE, which is set during the time when the horror genre was born. Also, what's more Halloween than vampires?

To enter, comment and tell me one of your favorite things about Halloween and provide an email address. I'll announce the winner November 1st!

Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the candy and scary movies. Thank you for the giveaway!!! bluepooh1 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I completely forgot to mention candy! :)

    ReplyDelete