Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Goal Summary...(Wow, that's fun to say!)





As we're already halfway through 2012, it's time to check up on my goals and see how I'm doing.


1.) Make all my writing/editing deadlines in time for my editor: I'm kicking ass with this one!

2.) Finish book 2 of my regency paranormal romance series: Rough draft is done, and the deadline to turn it in isn't until September. Doing great there.

3.) Finish at least the rough draft of book 3. I already have the hero fleshed out in my mind and I can't wait to tell his story. I'm going to start this one July 1st

4.) Finish revisions on WRENCHING FATE: DONE! (I hope!)


5.) Find a home for WRENCHING FATE/ the UF series. I have 2 fulls out with 2 lovely agents. Got my fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted!

6.) Keep track of all writing expenses so I survive tax season next year. I have all my receipts in one place at least...

7.) Maintain a strong online presence and continue to build my platform. I love my online community! But I could probably do better.

8.) Form and follow a plan of preparations for the release of my debut novel (Spring of 2013) Besides the edits, I know there's a ton of other stuff involved. And I still haven't figured out where I'm going to hold my release party...which is fine now, but as that date comes closer....EEK!

9.) Not go insane as my release date creeps closer. OMG OMG, I'm already on my way. I need to keep remembering to do that thing....what's it called again? Oh yeah, breathing.

10.) Maintain good relationships with my friends and family. I would not have succeeded if it weren't for their love and support.

11.) Quit Smoking on August 13. I'm getting more scared of this one every day.

12.) Lose twenty pounds. We-ell, I haven't gained any weight....


And a 13th goal has also been added: Finish Rough Draft of HIS ROADIE by July 1st. Really I have no idea what I'm going to do about my rock star novellas, but they're still crying to be written.


So, for the summer I'm going to be writing about rock stars, revising my 2nd regency paranormal, and beginning my 3rd. I get to research 19th century medical practices, autopsies, and other fun stuff!


What are your summer plans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment