Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Movies Based on Books


M'kay, I'm gonna warn you all that Fall is when I watch a crap-load of movies so you'll be getting a lot of movie posts.

First topic of the season: Movies based on books. Sometimes they nail it, sometimes it's an epic fail. Why do they change things unnecessarily? But sometimes the changes can be good.

Anyway, here's 10 I love in no particular order:

1.) The Count of Monte Christo... I like the HEA of this one better.

2.) Interview With the Vampire... Had one of the hottest casts ever....and Louis. ::sigh::

3.) Lord of The Rings Trilogy:.. Best quote ever: "And I smote his ruin upon the mountainside."

4.) The Shawshank Redemption. Excellent novella, excellent  film.

5.) The Green Mile. Made me cry a few times.

6.) Stand by Me (The original title was The Body). One of the best coming of age stories ever.

7.) The Color Purple: Makes me cry through the whole thing.

8.) Pillars of The Earth: One of the greatest novels ever written, finally on the screen in an awesome miniseries.

9.) The Feast of all Saints. A novel about the "free people of color," a topic ignored by most history classes. It was brought to the screen in a miniseries and for once the casting was done right.

10.) The Harry Potter series. Need I say more?

One thing all of these have in common is that they all follow the books quite well. Also, most are longer than the average movie, some made in installments and others done as a made for TV miniseries.

What movies based on books are your favorite? I don't know about you, but I can't wait for the first Hunger Games movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment