Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Addicting Chocolate Cookies


It's way past time for me to post another recipe, and with the upcoming holiday, I figured I'd do something sweet. I don't bake all that often, but these cookies...Oh...My....God. You will have to restrain yourself from eating them all in one sitting. They're also very easy to whip up, but they are NOT very healthy.


Ingredients:


1 8oz brick of cream cheese, room temp.


1 stick (real) butter at room temp.


1 Egg


1 tsp. Vanilla extract


1 18 oz box of chocolate cake mix. I prefer fudge, but some like German chocolate cake mix


Powdered sugar for sprinkling


Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)


In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. An electric mixer is preferred, but you'll live without it.


Beat in the egg, followed by the vanilla extract. Add cake mix and beat. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or 2 to make mixture firm and easy to roll into balls.

Roll the mixture into balls and roll them in powdered sugar. Place them on a cookie sheet (ungreased) 2 inches apart. Bake 15-20 minutes


Cookies will be gooey and awesome. Cool them completely and sprinkle with more powdered sugar if you'd like.


Okay, I'm off to the store for some cream cheese so I can make a batch! This post made me hungry.

4 comments:

  1. OMG. Uh, where's the flour? Cream cheese and butter???? My arteries are going to hate you! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flour is in the cake mix...I think. And I told ya they aren't healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can feel the pounds grow on my belly reading this, but oh they sound so delicious!! Thanks for sharing - will have to get hubs to get cooking these ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They should be illegal, you know! :P

    ReplyDelete