Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fun at the Release party for HUNTED


I've been anticipating this story since book one, when the premise was first hinted. Needless to say, like all of Rebecca Zanetti's release parties, I was hella-excited to attend this one. The only bad thing about 'em is that I've been working a night job and thus I only get to hang out for a half hour tops.

But I made it, picked up my copy of HUNTED and I got my fan-girl picture with the author.

Rebecca's her usual elegant self. I look like a dork, but at least I'm rockin' my DIO shirt!

My buddies, Shelley Martin and Bonnie R. Paulson were there as well and we had fun catching up. I didn't get any wine this time because I'd lost my wallet (at work, thankfully) and the guy carded me. Shelley and Rebecca were jealous, but I was more irritated than flattered. It sucks not having a wallet...or wine. But at least I learned that my heavy metal t-shirts make me look young. :)

To make up for the lack of wine, I indulged in the always awesome appetizers. There was this feta-olive-herb spread that was to die for.

Then Shelley and I wandered around the store, ogling the cooking supplies. I REALLY want the nifty utensils for getting meat out of crab and lobster. We also ran across something that had me giggling and telling dirty jokes...until one of the store employees caught us, but you'll have to check out my Facebook page for that one.

Alas, it was time to go to work. So I hugged my friends, got another hug from the author for good measure and took myself and my shiny new copy of HUNTED off into the warm Spring evening.

And I'm still wondering where I'll have my release party. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey - thanks so much for coming to the book signing! It was great to see you. And how fun to be carded! :)

    ReplyDelete