Monday, November 28, 2011

Book Binges


I've been mostly absent from the online universe lately primarily for two reasons: A.) I'm working on proposals for the next two novels in my series. and B.) I've been binge-reading like a sonovabitch.

To get my paranormal kicks I devoured CLAIMED by Rebecca Zanetti. Loved it. Then for historical inspiration...and the snuggle-y security of an old favorite: ALMOST HEAVEN by Judith McNaught. For the classics I'm reading LITTLE WOMEN...but the goody-goody-ness coupled with the knowledge that it doesn't end well has me taking a break from it to also read HEARTS IN ATLANTIS by my hero, Stephen King. And on the kindle I have two classics that may directly tie in to my current WIP.

I go on these binges periodically through my life. How much is motivated by the need to escape and how much is pure literary addiction, I have no idea.

I just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive and I love my online community...but as Sai King says: "If you don't have the time to read, you don't have the time or the tools to write." ....that and my addiction calls.

What are you reading right now? What are some of your favorites?  

3 comments:

  1. I just finished Scent and Shadow by Mercy Loomis. It was AWESOME! Lots of blood and stuff, which I'm finding I like a lot more now. My all time favorite though is still Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey. For some reason that is just about the funniest book I have ever read and it totally reminds me of the embarassing scene in Dirty Dancing where she's staring at Patrick Swayze and the most intelligent thing she can think to say is "I carried a watermelon". Bahaha!! Really funny in a classic literary sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - You and me both, though I suspect my latest binge has something to do with being seriously deprived of reading time for weeks before that. I think I probably read 5-10 books in the last 7 days...mainlining like caffeine. ;-)

    Most of the books I've read lately are logged under my erotica pen on GR to protect the innocent, but those not so scandalous include "When You Dare" by Lori Foster (*swoon*), Straight from the Heart, my buddy Sam Hunter's January Harlequin release (also *swoon*), and "Night of the Wolfmen" by David Dalglish in an attempt to keep my mind flexible with a little pure epic fantasy. I'm also working my way through "The Big Sky, By and By" by local author Ed Kemmick, which is a collection of true stories about Montana folk.


    Variety is good... ;-) Enjoy your binge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, great recommendations, ladies! Michel, it's so funny you brought up NORTHANGER ABBEY. I plan on reading that one after I read THE MYSTERIES OF UDOLPHO because apparently NORTHANGER is a parody of that one.

    ReplyDelete