Thursday, August 27, 2015

Why I wrote a heavy metal romance series.


My heavy metal romance, KISSING VICIOUS came out last Friday. W000000T!

And I totally forgot to blog about it here. Booooooo.

But, better late than never.

Many of you know that I got my start writing historical paranormal romance. However, as much as I love writing about the scandals and ball gowns and dangerous dukes, and of course, sexy vampires, I also love heavy metal music. 


Something about shredding guitar riffs, fast drums, and powerful vocals makes my passion rise.
Aside from taking joy in the music, I’m also fascinated with the musicians themselves. The hard work they endure to fulfill their dreams, the crazy situations they encounter on the road. I’ve read all about Ozzy Osbourne’s notorious exploits, Ronnie James Dio’s extensive accomplishments, and Dave Mustaine’s struggles with drug addiction as he sought to outdo the band he was fired from… and succeeded by creating my favorite band, Megadeth.

 As I learned more about my favorite rock stars, I realized that there is more to the metal world than sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll. They are passionate artists and although some are real jerks, others astounded me with their kindness to fans and charitable acts.

 I also realized that the music industry would be a very difficult world in which to find love, with the constant travels from gig to gig, and the overzealous groupies. But of course, my romantic imagination spun a tale.
And that’s how Kissing Vicious was born. The world of Heavy Metal is mostly male dominated.  What if a woman worked as a roadie? How would the band and crew see her? What problems would arise if she got involved with one of the band members?

My heroine, Kinley Black, is about to find out. 

Here's the blurb for KISSING VICIOUS!


Aspiring guitarist Kinley Black is about to get her first big break—as a roadie for Viciöus, her favorite heavy metal band, and for the rock god she always dreamed might make her a woman. 
THE ROADIE 
At 15, aspiring guitarist Kinley Black wished she were a boy. At 16, after hearing Quinn Mayne sing, she wanted him to make her a woman. Now, at 22, her dreams have come true. Quinn’s band Viciöus needs someone to lug their amps around the country, to strive and sweat with the guys. She just has to act like one of them. 
AND THE ROCK GOD 
Quinn had to admit the new chick could pull her weight, but that didn’t mean his road manager made the right choice. Taking a hottie on a heavy metal music tour was like dangling meat in front of a pack of feral hounds—and Quinn could be part dog himself. But more surprising than her beautiful body are Kinley’s sweet licks, so that no man could help but demand a jam session. Quinn will soon do anything to possess her, and to put Kinley in the spotlight where she belongs. And to keep her safe and sound from the wolves.



No comments:

Post a Comment