Monday, June 30, 2014

Experimenting With KDP Select

As I'm still in the early stages of my journey into hybrid publishing, I ran into a perfect excuse to do some experimenting.

You see, my second Brides of Prophecy novel, IRONIC SACRIFICE, has been finished, polished, and raring to go for awhile. And between readers wanting to know what happens next and having the cover come together a lot quicker and easier than I'd expected, there was little reason not to release it...Except for one big reason.

My traditionally published historical paranormal romance, ONE BITE PER NIGHT, releases in August, so all of my time must be dedicating to promoting that one and I am hella excited. That one is extremely special to me for many reasons.

However, IRONIC SACRIFICE is ready and people want to read it! Also, I'm pretty broke with having to go part time while my son's on summer break.

So I discovered a compromise. KDP select is a deal Amazon has where your book gets a little bit more push and you're able to run specials and discounts not available to you with regular KDP. The catch is that it has to be exclusively on kindle for 90 days.

I decided to try it and let the kindle users get the book early, but I'm not going to celebrate it's official release and do the fun promo until October.

So Kindle readers: Here's the blurb on IRONIC SACRIFICE:

"Jayden Leigh wants to commit suicide. Her clairvoyant powers have become so intense that she lost her job and home. Death is the only way to make them stop. Opportunity presents itself when she comes across a sinfully handsome vampire ready to make a kill. Jayden begs for him to take her instead. A blissful death in his arms, or the visions ravaging her mind? She'd gladly take the vampire.

Razvan Nicolae is captivated and amused by the beautiful seeress who sacrifices herself for a stranger. Killing such a pleasing asset doesn’t interest him. If he could get her powers under control, she just might be the key to finding his missing twin.

Controlling her visions and working for a seductive vampire? Razvan’s offer is like a dream come true. But her dream turns into a nightmare when a mad vampire cult leader seeks to exploit Jayden’s powers to stop an ancient prophecy.

As Jayden finds herself at the center of a vampire war, she realizes that the biggest threat isn’t losing her life, it’s losing her heart."


And you can get it Here!


Non Kindle readers: Stay tuned because I'm going to be doing a bunch of fun stuff in October!     

No comments:

Post a Comment