Tuesday, June 29, 2021

GLITCH IS FIXED! LEAVING THE SHADOWS IS NOW AVAILABLE on all e-Tailers

FINALLY, a whole month after what was supposed to be release day and 3 weeks after I discovered the problem, the glitch was fixed and Leaving the Shadows is live on all E-book vendors.

My formatter and I traced the source of the error to my original Word Document. Something in it was causing the e-tailers to reject the files and leave the placeholder file up as the book. (I'll never stop being embarrassed that you all saw that file). Microsoft was useless in helping me find and get rid of the bug in the document, so I fixed it the long way.

I re-typed the whole book in a clean document. And it worked! 

If you held off on buying the book until the issues were fixed, the coast is now clear!  You can order Leaving the Shadows on: 

Amazon Kindle

Apple Books

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

and Google Books 

If you already ordered the book, it *should* auto-update on your e-reader. If it didn't, you can manually update it in one of two ways. For Amazon, go into your Amazon Account, select "Content and Devices" from the dropdown menu.

Find the book in your digital content and it should have say "Update Available" Click that.

My copy had auto updated, so I had to show an example of a book on my kindle that didn't auto update.

For Nook, it appears that it should update automatically, but if it doesn't, you can click "My Nook" in your Barnes & Noble account.

For Kobo, here are their instructions:

To manage books on your eReader:

  1. Connect your eReader to your computer using a Micro USB cable and tap Connect.
  2. Open Kobo Desktop on your computer.
  3. Click eReader at the top of the screen.
  4. Download or remove books on your eReader:
    • To download books onto your eReader: Select the books you'd like to add, then click the red Download button.
    • To remove books from your eReader: Select the books you'd like to remove, then click the grey Remove button. Note: When you remove the book from your eReader, you'll be able to re-download it again. 

For Google Play:

  1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Books app .
  2. To refresh the app, pull the screen down.
  3. To remove the e-book or audiobook, on the cover, tap More. Remove download.
  4. To reload and open the e-book or audiobook, tap More. Download.
  5. If that doesn't work, go to Step 3. 

For Apple Books:

  1. In the Books app  on your Mac, click the Download from iCloud button  next to All Books in the sidebar.

    The Download from iCloud button shows available updates and recently downloaded books and audiobooks.

  2. Choose specific books and audiobooks to update or click Update All.

 

And that should cover everyone who preordered or purchased the book before I got the problem fixed to be able to see the complete book.

Again, I cannot apologize enough for this disaster.

Other news:

We're sweltering in this Pacific Northwest Heatwave, but it's not stopping me from working on my books and art. First priority is getting Leaving the Shadows formatted for paperback. That will hopefully be done by the end of the week. I will then get some signed copies to sell.

My second priority is working with the publisher of my B Mine series on getting the cover done for HER HALLOWEEN PARTY, which WILL be releasing late September/Early October. I am really excited for the final (for now) installment of my B Mine series.

Other things I'm working on are getting my Brides of Prophecy books in Hardcover, and researching the costs of audiobooks. My finances aren't great, so I don't know when I can get my books done in audio, but so many of you have been requesting audiobooks that I am looking at all options to get them done.

CAT UPDATE

Phantom is still eating and drinking and snuggling a lot. His seizures are, for the most part, under control. He had the first seizure in almost a month last week. If he has another this week, we may think of raising his meds or trying a different med. He also had a bladder irritation issue that was making him pee blood. We tried a few different treatments and they did nothing to help. The vet now has us give him IV fluids under his skin every three days and IT'S WORKING! No more blood and he's more energetic and not fainting anymore! 

We know that there's only so much that can be done for him since he's 20 years old, but we want him as comfortable as possible until he's ready to say goodbye. But for now, he's doing pretty good and growing his fur back and enjoying sunbathing in the back yard. He is pouting at us for not letting him out in this heatwave.

Thank you again for being one of my readers. I love hearing from you.

 

Books by Brooklyn Ann

B Mine

(Horror Romance)

HIS FINAL GIRL

HER HAUNTED HEART

HIS SCREAM QUEEN

HER HALLOWEEN PARTY (Fall, 2021)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brides of Prophecy

(Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy) 

Also don't need to be read in order until book 5...kinda

Prequel: Tesemini (Free)

Wrenching Fate (Free)

Ironic Sacrifice

Conjuring Destiny

Unleashing Desire

Pleading Rapture

Melding Souls

Reclaiming the Magic

Leaving the Shadows

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hearts of Metal

(Contemporary Romance)

Standalones that intertwine

Kissing Vicious

With Vengeance

Rock God

Metal and Mistletoe

Forbidden Song 

Tempting Beat

Heart Throb

 

Scandals With Bite

(Regency paranormal romance)

Books do not need to be read in order

Bite Me, Your Grace

One Bite Per Night

Bite at First Sight

His Ruthless Bite

Wynter's Bite

The Highwayman's Bite

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

For excerpts and special content, visit BrooklynAnnAuthor.com

 

I love hearing from readers! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me an email!

Contact@brooklynannauthor.com


No comments:

Post a Comment