Monday, April 15, 2013

Recap of My First Book Signing!

Sorry it took so long to post this, I've been visiting so many fun sites that I've been neglecting my own. Anyway, on Saturday, April 6th, I had my very first book signing at Hastings Entertainment in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

I was utterly petrified. What if I disgraced myself and had a panic attack? What if I said or did something embarrassing? And worse, what if no one showed up?

Thankfully, I had a lot of support. My fellow Sourcebooks authors donated tons of books and goodies for the gift baskets I planned on raffling off. My neighbor helped me with my hair and jitters and arranging the baskets. My friend, author Shelley Martin helped me shop for wine, chocolate, and cookies. 

I made it to the store on time and set up my table.

But.... I FORGOT A PEN! Thankfully, the store let me borrow theirs. 


A ton of people showed up! Close friends, family, people from my writers' groups, my English professor, a lovely new friend I made on twitter (Waves to Mei Lu) and plenty of people I didn't even know! My best friend since 3rd grade drove with her mom all the way from Tri-Cities to come!

Shelley helped organize the line and I didn't embarrass myself, though I felt like stuttering the whole time.

Even better was that I sold more books than I expected.


Afterward, my friends at my local pub threw me the most amazing after party ever! My best nerd friend delivered a toast that almost made me cry. My dart mentor played a few rounds of 301 with me.... which I lost because that outfit isn't conducive to darts. All in all, it was a magical day. 

1 comment:

  1. Meh, not having many people show up isn't that bad. LOL

    I'm glad it went well for you! Sorry I couldn't be there, I was putting in an offer on a house in Seattle. Would've been a LONG drive! LOL

    ReplyDelete