Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas, all!

The view from Grandma's house


Merry Christmas, everyone! It's an extremely busy time for me. First we go to my paternal grandmother's tree farm on Christmas eve for dinner and celebrating. Then we go home and drink eggnog and watch A CHRISTMAS STORY. Once the kids are settled down and in bed we get ready for Santa.

On Christmas morning, we get up waaaaay earlier than I'd prefer and open presents. The kids make a huge mess and it's like pulling teeth to get them to clean up the wrapping paper and get ready for Christmas breakfast at my husband's parent's house. Then I put the turkey in the oven and we head out. My mother in law makes hashbrowns special for me. It's awesome. After breakfast we exchange gifts and then we head back home to get ready to go to my other grandma's house.

At grandma's house we get spoiled rotten with baked treats, pie, and my turkey. The recipe is here.

After all that's over, we go home and I collapse on the couch with some hard cider and refuse to do anything for the next 24 hrs.

It's exhausting, but so wonderful to spend time with my enormous family.

What's your Christmas tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment