Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Help me find a title!

Well, I'm coming up on the finish line of the rough draft of the second novel in my regency paranormal romance series and I STILL don't have a title. I have a few ideas, but nothing has quite clicked yet. Luckily my editor wants a list of lots of ideas, so I am appealing to you awesome people to help me choose and/ or add to it.

Here's the basic setup of the story:



Vincent Tremayne, Earl of Deveril and Lord Vampire of Cornwall is approached by the Dowager Countess of Morley because of an ancient alliance between their families. Her son, the earl, has died twenty years after marrying a chambermaid and moving to America. He left a daughter and the Countess fears the “uncouth American” will ruin her other granddaughter’s debut. She prevails upon the old alliance and asks Vincent to become Lydia Price’s guardian.

 Due to the countess’s utter biliousness, Vincent agrees. He plans to not only get her married off quickly and thus off his hands, but to ensure that the heroine outshines her cousin just to spite the countess.

But when Lydia arrives in Cornwall, Vincent has a problem: he wants her for himself. But the Lord Vampire of London urges Vincent to follow his original plan- or face dire consequences. 

Since the first book is called "BITE ME, YOUR GRACE," I'm trying to include the word "Bite" in all of the titles, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

So here are my ideas so far. Forgive me if a few are bland. 

1.) HER GUARDIAN VAMPIRE

2.) BITE OF A GENTLEMAN

3.) A GENTLEMAN'S BITE

4.) GUARDIAN'S BITE

5.) HER GUARDIAN BITES

6.) BITE OF AN EARL

7.) AN EARL'S BITE

And just to help us with inspiration, here's a hot pic of Wentworth Miller:

Give him long hair and Regency clothing and he could be my cover model! 

2 comments:

  1. A Gentleman's Bite is awesome. And yes, Wentworth is hot, but I'm annoyed he posed for a pic like that. I always think of him as dignified... ugh what is he sticking his butt out for? I love him still though. He's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Bonnie, why you complaining? That's a damn nice butt!

    ReplyDelete